Health Care Law
McDowell Rice’s health care group provides strategic planning and representation in federal, state and local forums among physicians and health care institutions, including mental health care providers, both for-profit and non-profit, in the rapidly evolving health care industry. We have decades of expertise in representing clients in contract, regulatory, insurance, reimbursement and administrative matters. Our lawyers have extensive experience advising clients on how to avoid and economically resolve disputes and health care law related problems. Clients include physicians, practice groups, nursing homes, adult day programs, supported living providers, special education and mental health non-profits, and others who provide health care and mental health care services in the 21st century.
When problems arise, McDowell Rice's health care attorneys represent clients in contested matters before state boards, peer review groups, arbitration panels, administrative tribunals, and state and federal courts.
Representative actions include:
- Nursing Home Representation
- HIPAA compliance
- Regulatory compliance
- Medical staff privilege hearings
- Licensing and Credentialing matters
- Office issues such as patient billing, information systems, insurance matters, and contracts
- Patient discharge appeals and due process hearings
- Practice group combinations and separations
- Negotiation of contracts with governmental entities for health, mental health and residential services
Whether providing litigation avoidance services or litigation representation, the firm’s experienced attorneys work with medical professionals to protect and support their clients’ rights.