Construction & Architect/Engineer Law
McDowell Rice’s Construction & Architect/Engineer (“A/E”) Litigation Group provides superior, cost-effective representation for its clients in all types of construction and A/E disputes, including complex construction litigation, construction defect claims, contract negotiations and disputes, arbitrations, and mechanic’s liens. We represent a wide array of companies and construction professionals, including engineers, architects, developers, subcontractors, appraisers and lenders. Our experience spans a broad spectrum of commercial, industrial, and residential projects and includes disputes relating to casinos, hotels, office buildings, malls, power plants, wastewater treatment facilities, apartment complexes, condominiums and single-family residences. Our attorneys practice nationwide and have appeared in state and federal jurisdictions throughout the country.
Recent examples of our work include:
- A national engineering firm in litigation involving over $62 million in liquated damages claims related to the design and construction of Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- A national industrial engineering and fabrication firm in litigation concerning construction of a coal-fired power plant at a military installation in Alaska.
- A national engineering firm in multiparty litigation brought by a national home-builder and its insurer involving over $78 million in liquidated damage claims related to the design and construction of two subdivisions in Colorado.
- A national engineering firm in litigation concerning construction of a medical facility and rehabilitation center in Oklahoma.
- A national engineering firm in multiparty litigation over the collapse of the roof of a major Sears distribution warehouse in the Chicago area.
- A national construction company in a dispute regarding construction of a power plant in Missouri.
- A national pipeline company in a wrongful death claim related to a pipeline explosion in Kansas.